I found these whilst browsing Pinterest and going from one list of suggestions to another. They looked pretty and the site gave a handy template to print out and cut around.
I tried the small size one morning before work (work avoiding)… a bit fiddly to start with and ever so slightly awkward to cut, but a lovely end result. As it was the end of term, with classes on computers (more work avoiding), I decided to do some more – the medium size on two different colours of card (as opposed to the plain white paper of before). This is far more sturdy but harder to slot together, but I liked the contrast of the two colours.
The Pinterest tutorial suggested handily to thread some cotton through the final ‘flower’ to make it easier to hang, which is good if you remember, which I didn’t on the last one so had to dismantle it, nearly ripping the flower.
Overall, easy and effective – with several compliments from my students, as they have been hanging from the side of my computer monitor on my desk.