I had a plain cream-coloured rug that I didn’t really like as it showed up every little piece of dust, fluff and stuff and needed constant vacuuming – lazy reason to dislike, I know. I turned to Pinterest for ideas to tart it up, but came up with tie-dye, fringing and other ideas I either disliked or couldn’t do. So in the end it wasn’t really a Pinterest project, but since I spent some time researching ideas, I’m going to count it as one! In the end I simply bought a box of dye (Dylon emerald green) which didn’t need mountains of salt but rather just went straight in the washing machine with the rug and did its job.
It’s not the best dye-job, and it is patchy in places, but it was my first one and I much prefer it to the old colour. Perhaps now my crochet skills are improving (more on that in a future post when the project is complete) I may be able to add some colourful edging to it, but for now, it’s on the floor and doesn’t need vacuuming all the time – result!